Deadline for the Application Arrival: Monday, April 30, 2018
Our Response Date: Within 2 to 3 weeks from the receipt of the application.
Send to (if mailing): NYC10 Dance Initiative, PO Box 6750, New York, NY 10150
Please sign up for our newsletter at http://nyc10.org to receive up to date information of the events and application deadline.
NYC10 is hosted at the Dixon Place Theater, 161A Chrystie Street, Btwn Rivington and Delancey, New York, NY 10002.
(NB: The stage is 36’ x 20’ in its usual configuration. The grid height is 15’2″ from the stage deck and the entire stage floor is sprung Masonite)
Show Date: Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Please read the Application Guidelines below –
NYC10 is open to all the choreographers whose work fulfills the following criteria:
• The work is maximum 10 minutes long.
• The work features live dance performance.
• If selected, the work applied with should be the same as the work that is performed.
• Each company has a maximum of 20 min technical preparation in the theatre on performance day between 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
• Work should be created by dancers and/or emerging choreographers.
• Work by artists who are actively pursuing a career in professional dance and choreography.
What NYC10 Will Do for You:
• Give you the performance space and its technical equipment and the technical support
• Give you the Marketing support
• Give you feedback report from audience and specially invited guests
• Give you an option to choose to review your work for an online publication
• Give you one Free video of the performance and professional photographs of the dance
• Post-performance reception and interaction opportunity with the audience
What NYC10 Expects from You:
• A work within the agreed performance length of 10 minutes or less
• A cancellation fee of $50 for no-show and canceling after approval and acceptance
• NYC10 will require at least one photo image for marketing purposes (JPEG, Tiff)
• You will be asked for a short write up about the artistic work for use in marketing efforts
• Photos or videos to share on NYC10’s e-blasts and social media network